The FlashRunner FR01LAN is based upon the FR01ENG but has an additional connector layer. The presence of DSub connectors means communication to both control and target are easily achieved, with the capacity of LAN connectivity an addition to the standard RS232 connection is available.
Designed to work inside and outside of the Test- Fixture or in Automated Programming Stations. Thanks to its LAN connectivity, FlashRunner can be set up, controlled and monitored remotely. This feature has proved to be extremely useful for companies outsourcing the electronic board manufacturing, since it improves production quality allowing instantaneous exchange and control of files being used by the production personnel.
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint.
- 9 to 24V DC power supply input (110/220V AC for the FR01PRO model);
- Five digital I/O lines;
- Two digital I/O or analog output lines;
- Two programmable output voltages (0 to 15V, 0.25A and 0 to 5V, 0.5A);
- One analog input line;
- One programmable clock output;
- Secure Digital memory card (up to 2 GB);
- 512 bytes on-board dynamic memory;
- On-board timekeeper and calendar;
- I/O protection;
- Optoisolated inputs for project selection;
- Two optoisolated command inputs (START and STOP);
- Three optoisolated status outputs (FAIL, PASS, BUSY);
- Optoisolated RS-232/Ethernet channel.
FlashRunner's open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new features.
FlashRunner is set up and controlled via ASCII-based commands. FlashRunner can receive and execute commands in two ways:
- Over the RS-232 or Ethernet connection (Host mode);
- Via "scripts" stored in its SD card (Standalone mode).
In the first case, FlashRunner is controlled by a host system (e.g. Windows HyperTerminal); in the latter case, FlashRunner works in standalone mode and is fully autonomous.
- Fully autonomous standalone mode thanks to its SD memory card (FAT16);
- Controllable by any host system through a terminal utility and simple ASCII protocol;
- Unlimited projects (scripts);
- Log files;
- Erase, blank check, program, read, verify, oscillator trimming, etc.
FlashRunner comes with a Windows utility that allows you to communicate with the instrument and perform the most common operations: send commands, manage SD card files, update the instrument's firmware, etc.